The repository’s general workflow is defined and implemented according to the OAIS reference model. Following OAIS terminology, depositors take the role of the information producer, preparing a Submission Information Package (SIP)
consisting (at the minimum) of:
- the signed Resource Deposition Request Form (RDRF),
- metadata corresponding to the submitted data,
- an archive file containing the data and adhering to the BagIt format.
For more information on guidelines for resource depositing, including metadata specifications and data formats, please refer to our Depositing
and Metadata Requirements
The SIP will be verified in an appraisal phase, consisting of:
- a check of the RDRF,
- verification of the metadata,
- BagIt validation (including payload file checksums).
In case of discrepancies during any of these steps, a resubmission is necessary. If the appraisal was successful, the Archival Information Package (AIP)
, consisting of the BagIt archive file and the resource’s metadata, will be prepared and ingested into the repository. This phase includes:
- Checking if a persistent identifier (PID) is present in the metadata.
- If absent, registration of a new PID and an update of the metadata.
- Ingestion into the Fedora 6 repository.
After persisting the resource into the repository, the metadata is subject to regular fixity checks and, in case of updates, versioning. Updates of the payload files themselves will be treated as new resources and must be submitted in a new ingestion process. For more information on data preservation, please refer to our Preservation Policy
Dissemination Information Packages (DIP)
of the resource can be retrieved via various interfaces and applications, including:
For more information on access permissions and privacy, please refer to Access permissions